Saturday, May 23, 2009

Still in shock...

This had me sitting in my basement with chills for at least five minutes after everything was said and done. Usually, I would get excited with fist pumping and screaming as well, but this was different. Throughout the entire commercial break I was convinced Lebron would be used as a decoy in order to get the ball to Delonte... not the case at all. This will stay stamped in my memory bank for quite some time...

LEBRON JAMES AT THE BUZZER!




In the post game press conference Lebron stated that the ball was set to go to him no matter what. The first option was surprisingly a lob pass for him and the second was basically him getting open no matter what it took.

So where does this shot rank in your top playoff buzzer beater moments? Here’s just a few of my favourites that come to mind:

Robert Horry’s greatest hits tour:



Derek Fisher 0.4 second shot:



I’m pretty sure at this point you already know who I’m cheering for tonight... The Black Mamba & my main man Lamar Odom.

2 comments:

Rambo said...

I didn't think the ball was going to him for a three either, but I guess that's what I get for doubting an elite player in the clutch. Although the game started off one-sided, eventually it delivered, and no one could have asked for a better ending.

As for my favourite playoff buzzer moments, Sean Elliot's jumper on his tip-toes ranks pretty high up there for me. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1EL38SKyX8) I saw it again on TV again today and was reminded of the level of difficulty and the amount of concentration needed to hit that kind of shot at such a crucial point in the game. Gotta love playoff ball.

Just Millz said...

Elliot's shot was amazing because of the degree of difficulty it had, not really a buzzer beater but a solid playoff moment nonetheless.

Gundy stressed taking the last shot in the game. But, it's very hard to do that. Here in Toronto this season, we experienced that with Caron Butler waiting until the complete LAST second to make sure we had no chance of putting up anymore field goal attempts to tie or win. I can't help but be reminded of Turk leaving a second on the clock to Penny's similar moment as well that ultimately led to Rik Smits using a picture perfect up-fake and buzzer beater shot from about 10feet out to seal the win:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYNVRVTCeN8

Post a Comment

Daily Music Updates

Monday, July 13, 2009

Baseball Sex - Lil Wayne feat Mack Maine
Do It Now - Drake
Stunt On You - Drake
Somebody Else - Ne-Yo

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Imma Do It Snippet - Fabolous feat Kobe
Salute - Fabolous feat Lil Wayne
Mr. Gangsta Remix - Lil Wayne feat Smitty
Chameleon - Christina Milian feat The Dream
Diamonds - Rick Ross
Thats What I Thought - T.I.
Bread Up - T.I. feat Trick Daddy & Keri Hilson
Magic - T.I. feat Robin Thicke
Welcome Back To The Trap - T.I.
Don't Give Up - T.I.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Get It - Mase feat Cam'ron
Juice - Drake
The Winner - Drake
Something - Drake
Press It Up - Sean Paul
I'm So Wavy (Jay-Z Diss) - The Game
Look 4 Ya - Andre 300

Friday, July 10, 2009

Don't Trust Me Remix - 3Oh!3 feat Mike Posner & Kid Cudi
Hatin On Him - R Kelly
Welcome To My Workplace - Fabolous

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Slow Down - Drake feat Tommy Stars
Fallen - Keshia Chante feat Drake
Most Wanted Rockstar (Snippet) - Lil Wayne
Sacrifice - Lil Wayne feat Gudda Gudda, T- Streets & Channel

Wednesday, July 8, 2009