Friday, June 12, 2009

Creative Thinking: Not Alone...


I woke up in the morning and everyone in my house was gone; my father, my mother, and my sisters gone. They were all gone without a trace, gone without a message, and most importantly gone without me. I flicked on the TV and turned it to the News; they reported billions of adults and almost all children mysteriously missing, vanished in thin air. Then it hit me, today’s the day the world’s been waiting for, it’s the day many believed that would never occur, the day many others have prepared for their whole life, today was Judgement day and I was left here. I was left on this wretched earth; left with no family and no friends, left with no way out except for death. As tears flowed down my face I questioned why I was left here to suffer, why I wasn’t chosen along with the rest of my family and friends, what was the criteria for God choosing some and not choosing me. I was so confused.


What do I do now? Do I continue to live my life? Or should I just finish this suffering with one step off the top of a tall building?


I opened the front door of my house and stepped outside. It was mid day and there were no kids in sight, usually these streets would be full of children playing street hockey, or rollerblading, or bike riding to the closest convenience store, but there wasn’t a kid in sight. Just me and a few other confused individuals wandering the soundless streets searching for answers. I began to look at everyone differently knowing that all the good souls were taken away and only these creeps were left here. I walked back to my empty house to grab my car keys. Hopped in my car and decided to drive around the city to search for a friend that might have been left here to suffer along with me. I travelled from house to house until I finally gave up my search because each house I arrived at was completely empty...


Why was I left here?


I pondered that question until the stars filled the sky; I looked to the past. Was it because of those times when I made my mom cry instead of smile, or was it because I got into all those fights, or was it due to all those times I robbed and stole when I was younger, or maybe because I lied more than the average person, or is it even because I had sex before I got married. As I sat there in my car crying until my eyes were sore from my tears and reminiscing about my downfalls and my worst moments an urge came over came me; I yelled out and pleaded, “PLEASE GOD FOGIVE ME, I AM SORRY DON’T LEAVE ME HERE TO SUFFER ALL ALONE.” After begging and getting no response I thought there was only one thing left to do.


I placed my hands on my car keys and turned the engine on; drove to the nearest high rise. I put my car in park then walked into the lobby of the building, walked into the elevator and pressed the button that took me to the roof.


Now on the roof of the building I said one last prayer that God would save my fallen soul. I stepped towards the edge of the roof, closed my eyes tight and took my last step into the thin air.

I could see the dark grey concrete quickly getting closer and closer as my lonely body quickly descended towards it and right before I hit the ground...



I awoke covered in sweat from a terrible dream and was granted a second chance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Music Updates

Monday, July 13, 2009

Baseball Sex - Lil Wayne feat Mack Maine
Do It Now - Drake
Stunt On You - Drake
Somebody Else - Ne-Yo

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Imma Do It Snippet - Fabolous feat Kobe
Salute - Fabolous feat Lil Wayne
Mr. Gangsta Remix - Lil Wayne feat Smitty
Chameleon - Christina Milian feat The Dream
Diamonds - Rick Ross
Thats What I Thought - T.I.
Bread Up - T.I. feat Trick Daddy & Keri Hilson
Magic - T.I. feat Robin Thicke
Welcome Back To The Trap - T.I.
Don't Give Up - T.I.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Get It - Mase feat Cam'ron
Juice - Drake
The Winner - Drake
Something - Drake
Press It Up - Sean Paul
I'm So Wavy (Jay-Z Diss) - The Game
Look 4 Ya - Andre 300

Friday, July 10, 2009

Don't Trust Me Remix - 3Oh!3 feat Mike Posner & Kid Cudi
Hatin On Him - R Kelly
Welcome To My Workplace - Fabolous

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Slow Down - Drake feat Tommy Stars
Fallen - Keshia Chante feat Drake
Most Wanted Rockstar (Snippet) - Lil Wayne
Sacrifice - Lil Wayne feat Gudda Gudda, T- Streets & Channel

Wednesday, July 8, 2009