Saturday, June 20, 2009

We 'gon mix these greens together...


With my anticipation of KiD CuDi's first album dropping getting higher and higher each day (no pun intended), it reminded me of the elements at the core of Pharcyde's, "Humboldt Beginnings". Our first post title was inspired from the name of the album. Humboldt Beginning's is not my favourite Pharcyde album, but it most definitely is one of my favourite albums to listen to after getting elevated from that Mary Jane. Your senses are increased significantly, your whole mood and state create the perfect combination for listening to music on a completely different level than just casual vibin' out.

I'm convinced that certain music just sounds better when you're intoxicated and I'm sure many share my stance. However, I'm not too sure if you have taken in some of the unconventional tracks that were primarily made for you to listen to when in this state. I'm going to suggest Cee Lo's, "Bass Head Jazz" (click to listen), as my first invitation to experience a completely different world of elevation. This is absolutely the perfect track to listen to when you're getting home, not ready to go to sleep yet, and want to take in some relaxation music to set the mood for your slumber.

Some of the newer generation of artists also provide us with tracks that create a different vibe-out setting. A track that was listened to almost every time MITC members rolled out to the gas station to get a cigar last summer was Big Sean - "Smoke & Drive" ft. Mike Posner. This is a good track for building up to construct the element of anticipation before actually blazin'. Once you're ready for the next stage, KiD CuDi's, "Rollin'" track is more than necessary for your car ride.

Let's get back to what this post was about though. After listening to some of the newer generation of music that is dedicated to help heighten and amplify your Mary Jane experience, I went back to the roots of these types of tracks. The artists obviously need some inspiration sometimes too, and I'm sure that is why they end up dedicating entire tracks and sometimes albums to the Maui Wowie. A track DEFINITELY worth a listen if you're going to listen to anything I posted is, Pharcyde's, "Mixedgreens" (click to listen), from the Humboldt Beginnings album. It ranks in my top five tracks to listen to (along with Bass Head Jazz) when vibin' out after a late night session.

Just in case you wanted to download the entire album, here is a link: Pharcyde - Humboldt Beginnings (2004) password when unzipping is "tommygunzzlair.com"

This album is not my favourite as I said before, but it definitely put them back on the scene back in '04 and is a great album for Pharcyde fans since the Labcabincalifornia album.

Bonus:
One of my favourite tracks of all time for sure! It has nothing to do with Mary Jane, but is an essential Pharcyde track.



"My dear, my dear, my dear, you do not know me but I know you very well,
Now let me tell you about the feelings I have for you.
When I try, or make some sort of attempt, I symp,
Damn I wish I wasn't such a wimp!
'Cause then I would let you know that I love you so,
And if I was your man then I would be true.
The only lying I would do is in the bed with you,
Then I signed sincerely the one who loves you dearly, PS love me tender.
The letter came back three days later: Return to Sender
Damn!"



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Music Updates

Monday, July 13, 2009

Baseball Sex - Lil Wayne feat Mack Maine
Do It Now - Drake
Stunt On You - Drake
Somebody Else - Ne-Yo

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Imma Do It Snippet - Fabolous feat Kobe
Salute - Fabolous feat Lil Wayne
Mr. Gangsta Remix - Lil Wayne feat Smitty
Chameleon - Christina Milian feat The Dream
Diamonds - Rick Ross
Thats What I Thought - T.I.
Bread Up - T.I. feat Trick Daddy & Keri Hilson
Magic - T.I. feat Robin Thicke
Welcome Back To The Trap - T.I.
Don't Give Up - T.I.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Get It - Mase feat Cam'ron
Juice - Drake
The Winner - Drake
Something - Drake
Press It Up - Sean Paul
I'm So Wavy (Jay-Z Diss) - The Game
Look 4 Ya - Andre 300

Friday, July 10, 2009

Don't Trust Me Remix - 3Oh!3 feat Mike Posner & Kid Cudi
Hatin On Him - R Kelly
Welcome To My Workplace - Fabolous

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Slow Down - Drake feat Tommy Stars
Fallen - Keshia Chante feat Drake
Most Wanted Rockstar (Snippet) - Lil Wayne
Sacrifice - Lil Wayne feat Gudda Gudda, T- Streets & Channel

Wednesday, July 8, 2009